It baffles my why Apple doesn’t rewrite and replace it. I mean, modal dialogs?? When I’m adding music? WTF IS THIS, THE 90s???
I keep trying to quit using it, but nothing else works in a good enough way that I’d be satisfied. Ecoute comes the closest, but it’s got a few subtle issues that stop me from using it primarily.
I mean, I’d still use it to sync my iPad and all that noise, but, for music playing? I’d fondly remember my WinAMP days.
My “must have” features for a replacement? It’s not a long list.
- Global shortcuts (configurable) for “play”, “pause”, “next” and “prev”
- Browse by artist or album
- WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK ON SOMETHING PLAY IN TRACK ORDER
- ALWAYS PLAY IN TRACK ORDER UNLESS I SAY NOT TOO
- TRACK ORDER!! (Ecoute plays in alphabetical order, sometimes)
- A separate play queue and browse window, so browsing doesn’t screw up what’s playing.
That’s really it.
Please, lazy web, hear my prayers.
Well, maybe Enqueue is what I’m looking for. I’m missing the fancy playlist controls, but….that may be it and I can fake that.